My sweet friend Bethany at preciousinfants just made my day by awarding me the Brillante Weblog. Bethany is one of the first bloggers I read and I have always loved her sketches and recipes and sweet, sweet heart.
So in the spirit of spreading the love, here's the way this one works (I copied and pasted this from Bethany's blog, so the final couple sentences are her's--but express my thoughts as I get ready to name my 7)--
Apparently a 'brilliante weblog' nomination comes with a few rules, which are:
1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
This gives me a great opportunity to share some of the blogs I have been wanting to bring up for a while...there are so many blogs that have given me inspiration over the last couple of years. I can't include all of the ones I love, but here are 7 that I really enjoy:
1. I've just started reading Tracy at http://mom2threeadoptedsibs.blogspot.com/. She's a mom of three adopted kiddos, homeschooling, with a hubby who's out of town more often than not. What a great heart and great stories! Welcome to the blogworld!
2. Sweet Deb is a fellow runner who is training for a half marathon and chasing after her twins! I love hearing about her adventures and she has a big trip to NYC coming up to celebrate a milestone birthday that I also celebrated last fall--the big 4-0. You can read all about her training and twins at http://fromstilettostosneakers.blogspot.com/
3. Another twin mommy, girlietwins mom always brings a smile to my face, particularly her pictures from when Daddy got involved watching a sports event and someone found a marker and created some self tatoos! You can see the resulting artwork at http://betterleitethannever.blogspot.com/
4. Suzannah is another great bloggin' bud who helps run a camp in Pennsylvania. She has a precious little one and the biggest heart. Visit her at http://suzannahpaul.blogspot.com/
5. Abbyjess is just an all around great gal and hysterically funny. She writes about her adorable little Linus and has about the cutest blog design around. Check out her take on bananas at http://unst.blogspot.com/
6. Ya gotta go see Steph at http://stephscafe.blogspot.com/--she knows how to eat and she knows how to cook and she knows how to travel. I always feel a little cooler and hipper having been to see her!
7. Bethany's little sis, Jennifer, has recently kicked off an awesome blog, breaking down all kinds of amazing photoshop techniques. She gives all kinds of details an great projects--you'll love it! See her at http://jenniferblake.wordpress.com/
And as always, it's not an easy thing to have to pick only a handful. So many great blogs, so little time!